Windhorse Community Services recognizes the valuable role that Health and Wellness, Employment, Recovery Education and Social Activities play in supporting our clients on their life journeys. We have now expanded our existing services to include educational classes and workshops in Wellness, Employment Readiness and Recovery. The Community Program compliments home-based services and is a stepping stone allowing clients to integrate into the community.
The Community Programs provide opportunities for our clients to:
- Engage in meaningful discussions with other clients regarding wellness, employment, recovery and life experiences.
- Continue discovering their own basic health and wisdom and the basic health and wisdom of others that can be accessed at any time to enhance life’s journey.
- The classes and activities provide an opportunity for clients to share their experiences and receive feedback within a supportive and encouraging environment among other clients.
- Learn new concepts and skills that can assist individuals in working with their life circumstances.
- Dialogue with peers who are travelling their own path of recovery and can offer inspiration and encouragement to those doing the same.
- Further develop routine, structure and rhythm in their day and week.
- Build on their natural qualitites of awareness, confidence and well being.
- Develop further social connections that foster friendship and compainship.
- Engage in meaningful and purposeful activities such as school, volunteer and work.