Windhorse Community Services recognizes the valuable role that Health and Wellness, Employment, Recovery Education and Social Activities play in supporting our clients on their life journeys. We have now expanded our existing services to include educational classes and workshops in Wellness, Employment Readiness and Recovery. The Community Program compliments home-based services and is a stepping stone allowing clients to integrate into the community.
The Community Programs will provide opportunities for our clients to:
- Engage in meaningful discussions with other clients with similar experiences around the various topics of Wellness, Employment and Recovery.
- Continue discovering their own basic health and wisdom and the basic health and wisdom of others that can be accessed at any time to foster recovery.
- Uncover challenges both external and internal that may have hindered the achievement of Wellness, Employment and Recovery goals.
- Share their experiences and receive feedback in a supportive, encouraging and validating environment with other clients.
- Learn new concepts and skills that can assist individuals in working most effectively with their life circumstances.
- Dialogue with peers who are travelling their own path of recovery and can offer inspiration and encouragement to those doing the same.
- Further develop routine, structure and rhythm in their day and week.
- Build on awareness, stamina and motivation that may naturally heighten hope and confidence in oneself and others.
- Develop further social connections that may lead to new friendships.
- Prepare to engage in meaningful activities that can include school, volunteer and work.
- Have Fun!