Windhorse Community Services: Home-Based Recovery of Mental Health, Inc.
Windhorse Community Services: Home-Based Recovery of Mental Health, Inc., is a privately owned organization based on the Windhorse principle of whole person, environmental therapy. We are dedicated to cultivating a committed therapeutic community of clients, families, and clinicians through a culture of continuous mutual learning.
We accomplish this mission through the following means:
- Contemplative practices that promote awareness, compassion, and body-mind synchronization
- Recovery teams for individuals and their families who experience mental health challenges
- A sustainable and healthy work environment for all involved
- Collaborative leadership and decision-making
- Efficient integration of organizational and clinical practices
- Integration of the Windhorse approach with other healing modalities
- Diversity of individual views based in life experience and spirituality
- Accessibility to services through flexible team structure and costs
- Participation in the worldwide recovery movement through teaching, publishing, and dialogue
- Collaborative partnerships with mental health and educational organizations from the local to the international level
- Root and nurture the international Windhorse Project
- Succession planning for transferring leadership and clinical expertise