An alternative to Inpatient and Residential Treatment
Our clients live in their own homes, a normal place to live… and begin life in a new community. Just like most people, our clients usually want to live as independently as possible. By setting up life in an ordinary home, from the outset, we’re linking their urges toward healthy living to a wide range of natural therapeutic activities.
Please contact our Admissions Department for any further questions.
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to get new Windhorse Journal posts
In the words of one of our long-time psychiatrist collaborators,
“I refer to Windhorse for a variety of reasons, but especially when I have no idea what will actually be helpful for someone and how long it will take.”
An Individually Tailored Approach
Many professionals, agencies, and hospitals refer clients to us who don’t fit neatly into standard therapeutic options.
People who have:
- The need for a structured step-down from an inpatient or residential setting
- An unclear diagnosis or constellation of diagnosis
- Strong preferences for a non-institutional therapeutic setting
- A need for family’s close, long-term involvement in recovery and life planning
- Repeated difficulty making successful attachments to programs or therapies
- The need to explore their sexual identity
- The wish to explore being on minimal to no psychotropic medications
- Spiritual or religious inclinations which are integral to their life meaning and expression